We all want the best for our families and our environment. People are often surprised to hear about the many benefits of silk. I want to spread the word, that not only am I trying to create something colorful, functional and luxurious, but also sustainable, non-toxic and beneficial to your health, not JUST anti-aging! My eco-dying process involves flowers, leaves, vinegar and steam and never the use of harmful substances. Like pressing flowers, we seek to preserve the beauty of nature.
Benefits of Leizu and Silk
- Silk is the strongest of natural fibers. It contains natural protein and 18 essential amino acids including cellular albumen which helps speeds up cell metabolism.
- Silk does not draw moisture away from your skin & hair and with it's extremely smooth and soft texture, silk proves beneficial for those with sensitive skin and skin conditions (eg. Eczema)
- Silk does not conduct static electricity, silk helps reduce hair breakage while helping the hair to maintain proper moisture balance.
- Silk is hypoallergenic, it does not attract dust mites and is naturally fire retardant.
- Silk is a natural temperature regulator, silk helps the body retain heat in cold weather and excess heat is expelled in warm weather. Therefore your body maintains a natural, comfortable temperature.
- Sericulture has limited environmental impact, therefor sustainable. Silkworms are quite easy to raise. They require mulberry leaves for food, but mulberries are an easy crop to grow and are themselves not very demanding. No harsh chemicals are used in the production of silk.